Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sisters are angels that lift us to our feet when our wings forget how to fly!

What a weekend!  We were pretty busy this weekend.  Yesterday, Jon, Julie & I went wig shopping and found a wig.  It should be in within a week.  I have been losing so much hair lately that today when I woke up I made the decision Jon was going to buzz it.  I was at the point that I was waking up in the middle of the night to clean off my pillow from all of the hair.  No one should live like that! We had fun with my hair...we put a temporary Mohawk in.  Hey, I'm never going to have the opportunity to do that again...might as well take advantage of it!  Jon said now I will be so low maintenance when I need to get ready and that I now have the screw you cancer hair cut.

After wig shopping yesterday, we made our way to the mall.  It felt good to get out and shop!  Jon and I did our Valentine's Day shopping and gave our gifts a little early.  I got a new watch & Jon got new shades.  Unfortunately, the sun has yet to be out! 

Today we went to my parents house for homemade pizza with the family...and to debut the new do.  Brody's response was "Aunt Bethy you look like a boy!"  He has a good way at making me laugh.  I'll have to teach him when he is old enough to date not to tell some girl that!  My Dad could not believe I had a Mohawk!  It felt good to make them laugh.

I know everyone says, "It's just hair it will grow back" but the moment Jon started I felt refreshed.  I read a saying a while back, "Cancer never had me, I had cancer."  Its true, it may take my hair, my appetite, & my strength, and other things; however, those are things that I will have back.  In fact, today during working out I increased my weight in dumbbells and I also was able to make Jon Sunday breakfast. I am still me.

Thank you again for the continued love and support.

"The greatest glory in living lies in never falling, but in rising every time after we fall." Nelson Mandela
 
   

1 comment:

  1. I think you should post a picture of your mohawk!! I bet you look awesome :)

    ReplyDelete