Tuesday, January 21, 2014

There's a positive side to everything, it just takes a positive mind to see it!

Well, the first day of treatment did not happen today.  When I got to my appointment they wanted to verify the locations of where the radiation will be entering.  I went into today with low expectations only because I didn't know what to expect and I am glad I did!  I'm happy they made the decision to double check everything before starting treatment!  Tomorrow at 3 is when my first treatment will take place!

Today at PT I had a relatively easier day.  We did some leg stretches and exercises.  I was able to move my toes a little on my right side..a major improvement since last week!  My left side is still not responding, but mind over matter and hopefully my nerves will wake up!

I also just wanted to give my mom and husband a big thank you for putting up with my crabbiness today!  Without all of your love and support I would be struggling.  A little ice cream and soft pretzel goes a long way...plus a nap! 

One of the hardest things I have been facing is being away from my dog, Remi.  I know some people don't understand the bond between a human and an animal, but when I was home having her snuggle beside me was enough to make me forget about reality for a bit!  I am sure she is enjoying her vacation with her BFF, but I wish I could just smuggle her in my room for the night.  "Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend never owned a dog!"  Court & Luck, thank you for taking great care of her...it means the world to us.  "Best friends are people who make your problems their problems, just so you don't have to go through them alone."

Once again, thank you all for the love, encouragement and support you are providing us.  We are still in awe.

 
"Determination - a fixed purpose, the power and will to persist, resolve, to have a drive, to have the grit, to go the distance, to be hell-bent on reaching a goal and getting it done no matter what."
 


1 comment:

  1. So proud of you Beth. In my thoughts and prayers every day!! I completely understand about you and your dog!! I have 3 of them and would feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete