Saturday, January 25, 2014

All things are difficult before they are easy!


Today at therapy we had our ups and down right hard work!  I told my PT he worked me today and he said, "Good, I did my job."  I was able to complete  walking 150 feet two times today!  Now I just need to continuously do it!  I was happy to achieve my goal; however, it tired me out.  We did some new exercises today standing, opposed to laying on the mat.  I feel like it was the hardest workout I ever did!  I had such a hard time being able to do anything that involved my hamstrings and calf muscles.  A lot of that is affected by the nerves that are clumped together in my lower back.  Hopefully, through the radiation that will shrink the tumors and release pressure off of my nerves.  I made myself fight through to complete the exercises but it was a struggle.

I made the decision to cut my hair short before I start to lose it and got an awesome bob from Samantha tonight.  It feels so light and healthy...I love it!  I feel like it will be an easier transition when the time comes.  Jon has never seen me with short hair before!  I will definitely miss long hair and being able to braid it...not that I could ever braid very well!

Tomorrow is a big day for us...I have a day pass!  We are able to leave the hospital for the day and do whatever we want.  We decided to stay closer just so I do not get too worn out and head to the Waterfront.  I'm excited to get a little shopping in...I haven't been anywhere since early December!!  I would even be happy going to the Dollar Store!  We are then going to head to Dave & Busters for dinner and games with the family.

Hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend!

Once again, thank you for your thoughts and prayers.  Every card I receive brings a smile to my face.  You all have a special place in my heart.

"It's hard to beat a person who never gives up" Babe Ruth 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment