Monday, August 10, 2015

Whirlwind

I'm extremely sorry for the lack of updates, as we know summer comes and it's the 4th of July and the next day seems like Labor day.

My family and I just got back from a wonderful vacation at Ocean City. We had such a great time, great weather, and great family memories. I was able to get in the water a couple of days with Jon and a boogie board. I would have give anything to have just run in and dive through the waves. Maybe next year. I am blessed that I was even able to get into the water.

There hasn't been much new on my progression. I think the week off of pt was a much needed and welcoming break. I was able to just relax. I am sure tomorrow I will be feeling a little sore after today's session, but like I was told, hard work ain't easy.  I feel like my left foot has taken a step backwards and that is frustrating to me. Hopefully in the next few weeks it will be back on track.

I've come to the realization that cancer just completely sucks. It hits you when you least expect it to and knocks you down some pegs. I know I have been strong and positive throughout this chapter of life but when it flips back on you to be strong and positive for someone else, I get a whole new perspective. As much as I want to ask God why now, I know he has a plan. I am still unsure of how to be a shoulder to lean on and help others stay positive and dig deep to battle. I feel when I was diagnosed I just accepted it and kept battling. It's a choice, you either want to battle or you want to give up. How my parents raised me was not to give up or give in. When things were tough for me I just kept thinking of the poem about the footsteps with God. He carried me through the battle and I'm sure he's not done yet.

I don't want my pain and struggles to make me a victim.  I want my battle to make me someone else's hero.

My family  could use some prayers in the next few weeks. I appreciate all the support you all have given me because I know without it I would not be who I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment