Sunday, March 30, 2014

It's not happy people who are thankful; it's thankful people who are happy.

Today was our spaghetti dinner and I must say we are completely overwhelmed (in a good way) by all of the support we have received.  To see our community come together to help Jon and I is extremely heartwarming.  Without your love, support and prayers we would not be where we are today.  Our attitudes continue to stay positive from all of your kind words and prayers.  I want to give a special thank you to Elegant Tents and Events. Everything was delicious and all of your hard work is greatly appreciated.

I would like to thank our family & friends for all of your time, effort, support, hard work and commitment to making this benefit a huge success. We love you all so much.  Having you here supporting and encouraging me makes me feel stronger and more determined to beat this.  I hope each of you know how much you mean to me.  I am truly blessed to have you as my support team. The love of a family is life's greatest blessings.

This week I have appointments with my neurosurgeon and oncologist again.  We have made a decision to send my scans and records to a dr at NYU for a second opinion.  We hope they receive the records this coming week.  My oncologist had called me to report they strongly believe the tumors are inflamed from radiation and I may not need chemo.  I just want for sure answers and plans for the next step.  Tomorrow my case will be presented to the tumor board and to the pediatric board.  The neuropathologist at UPMC and St. Jude's  diagnosed me with Disseminated oligodendroglial-like leptomeningeal tumor. No idea how to say that!!!

Thank you doesn't even begin to express my emotions for all of the support we have been receiving.  Jon and I are speechless.  You have all touched our hearts.  


Take pride in how far you have come, and have faith in how far you can go.

1 comment:

  1. What a perfect quote! Prayers for great news and peace as you wait for answers!!

    ReplyDelete