Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures for anything.

As most of you know today was my rescan date. I was in the MRI for about an hour and half... I totally redesigned our backyard in my head. Jon has a lot of work ahead of him this spring!

While meeting with my dr. He didn't have many answers for me. My scans show that the tumors are enhanced. Basically what they feel is that the radiation is still in the tumors and may be making them inflamed.  So they are unable to tell if the radiation shrunk them or if they grew. He said we have to wait until the dust settles to see what is going on. A team of oncologist will meet this week to discuss what the next options will be. My scans and pathology report will be sent to a dr. at NYu for further examination. I will go back next week for further information.  They are still discussing chemo as an option.

It is very frustrating having to wait this long and still not have many answers.  They keep telling me how rare this is. I feel like it has been 3 months...someone needs to figure something out. I'm just ready to be back to normal!

Please keep the positive thoughts and prayers coming. Thank you again!!

"We have two options physically and emotionally: give up or fight like hell." Lance Armstrong

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the faith and keep fighting. Sending you strength, hope and healing prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying and thinking of you every day! Waiting is always the most difficult part of anything. Trust in God's plan for you!!

    ReplyDelete