Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Hard work isn't easy!

It's been a while since my last update.  Sorry about that.  I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas & New Years.  We enjoyed ours with family...those are the best kind.  My most exciting gift this year is my Remington 370 shotgun.  Can't wait until this weather breaks and I can go shooting.  What is Jon turning me into?!

I had a small setback in December through some of January.  A few weeks later...I hope.. we have it under control.  I missed 2 weeks of PT so I don't feel I am as in shape.  I find myself out of breath after each exercise.  While I was working out, an older gentleman told me "hard work isn't easy".  He is not kidding.  My next rescan isn't until the middle of March, so I don't really have an update on the tumors.  I can really wiggle my toes lately...something I was not able to do a year ago.  Its hard to think this time last year I was about the check out of Mercy after my month stay and come home.  Time flies.

This weather stinks though!  I basically go to PT and come home.  I'll be happy to get outside without all my layers.  Who knows, maybe by then I'll be packing away the wheelchair and keeping the walker and cane out!

My brother in law had his bday party at a digital golf place and I thought..yeah I can totally swing and hit a golf ball.  Jon stood behind me and I was scared I was going to smack him in the head so it was just awkward all together.  I did not hit him but he did let me go and fall flat on my face.  It of course was video taped.  I didn't get hurt, just embarrassed and got a great laugh in.  Maybe at the golf outing this May I will be able to hit a ball...and not fall on my face.

Sorry such a boring and information lacking update.  Maybe that is a good thing....not much to update about!

Thank you all again for your continued support and prayers.


"Turn a setback into a comeback"


1 comment:

  1. Beth you're such a strong inspirational young woman!! Continued prayers!! Can't wait to hear the great news from the rescan!! God bless!!

    ReplyDelete