Saturday, August 30, 2014

Rescan Update

Well after having a great birthday this past Monday we faced the rescan on Tuesday.  Once again we were told that there was no change and the tumors did not grow nor shrink.  I asked if I am going to have cancer the rest of my life and the answer was yes.  Not the way I planned on starting 28 out.  How do I even prepare for that answer?  How do I even digest it?  Will the tumors ever let up enough to free my nerves so I can walk, bike, live my old life?  I will not be receiving anymore treatments right now, they want to wait until Oct 28 and rescan me...again... and see if there is any changes.

To be honest, I try and stay strong for my family and I keep reminding myself that there are so many people that have it worse than me.  I still take one day at a time and put a smile on my face.  PT is now my main focus.  I set a goal to walk down the aisle at my best friends wedding in October.  I know I may need some help, but if I can make it with a cane that will be a big accomplishment for me.  I feel I am the only thing standing in my way!

I know I have been in so many of your thoughts and prayers, Jon and I are forever grateful for that.  Thank you.


People cry, not because they're weak.  It's because they've been strong for too long.  
Johnny Depp

1 comment:

  1. Beth you are an amazing young woman and such an inspiration! So many people, some you know and many you don't, are praying for you every day!! God bless!!

    ReplyDelete